Hey Jarod,
Agreed at a more core design understanding, no country is good or bad for
designers.
However what i was trying to ask is that certain design skills are well
understood in some areas while those are less understood in others.
Like if u consider the idea of design among some people in india, it would
be close to fashion design or web design.
While if u consider places like sweeden where IKEA has very nicely
established design, it is understood by many in different perspective.
What i wanted to know is that if u see countrywise, where is Interaction
Design , best understood.
Interaction design has varied perspectives and from recent paper of daniel
fallman of Umea it can be divided into design practice, design exploration
and design studies. But what i seek is the application or mindset of such
perspectives across nations.

Thanks,
Amit