I conduct research viability analyses on potential program ideas for a
College.

I would like to take this opportunity to engage the IXDA members in a
dicussion regarding the types of knowledge and skill requirements that
you feel a post secondary education program should have if it were to
produce graduates that could fill interaction design jobs.

I understand this question is rather broad in its scope but based on
the evidence I have seen to date, it would seem that the program
should be a degree credential for people wanting to work as the
liaison between the graphic designers and the programmers. This is
based on my rather limited understanding of the field to date.

Can someone perhaps identify some of the key trends in the field and
how they are affecting the knowledge and skill requirements of the
profession?

I appreciate your thoughts on this!