> Wow, I could never work like that! I have way to many books on my desk for
> that to work. I need a good expanse of flat space.

That's what floors are for :) of course I work at home so can get away
that. But I used to work in an office I wasn't afraid to take over a
floor area when the conference table wasn't big enough.

Oh you can't see, to the left of me is a narrow fold down bench with a
limited supply of books I generally require cleaning off every week
(to keep my head clear), and off to the right is a 88 keyboard
controller with room for other books.

If piles were living creatures, they seem to grow every efficiently
with a diet of big desks and paper. So I've tried to eliminate paper
and desks as much as possible, lest I dissapear.

>What can I say, I am a man of leisure

I have 2 foofs and a monitor on a cymbal stand or a projector for
truly laid back. Works great with company.

RE: Cushions

I don't find most chairs comfortable either.  I'm thin and incurred
some butt injuries from cycling from junior high through college, hard
to focus when you can't sit still :)

I find a roho cushion invaluable. With cover off they are funky
looking, but very adaptable.
http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&um=1&sa=1&q=roho+cushion&btnG=Search+Images&aq=0&oq=roho

Each one of the inflateable cells moves.  Originally meant for
wheelchairs, They are used internally to the bodybuilt line of chairs
and on motorcycles.

Since it's portable and so comfortable it's easy to work anywhere.
Like when I travel, half the time the airport has me on a long layover
with a poweroutlet nowhere near the chairs, so just toss down the
cushion and work.

Troy.