If you click the "personalized recommendations" link it takes you to sign in. Why not make the "sign in" text a link instead? I have no idea who did this or what their thinking was.

My only guess would be they might have information that more of their audience behaves like I do... that is, I never sign in until I'm ready to check out. I've never even noticed or thought about a sign in link on Amazon until you pointed it out. I always browse first, then sign in only when I think I actually need something, and the point I do that is always at the start of the checkout process.

But it's speculation. Someone from Amazon would need to chime in.

--
Andrei Herasimchuk

Chief Design Officer, Involution Studios
innovating the digital world

e. and...@involutionstudios.com
c. +1 408 306 6422