Hi all,

Great responses!
You've given me lots of resources, books links - will keep me out of trouble
for a while.

No less important, is the way to approach the relevant authorities. Really
important to find the right person who understands and is prepared to
champion the issues (basically: the well-being of the residents).

I see many similarities between urban UX / usability and software
development. But the stakes here can be many times higher, with
life-or-death consequences.

One would expect town planners and similar roles to be well versed in
usability, but as we see in our cities, public transportation and so on,
this is not always so.

Would be happy to hear more, either on or off list.

Rob