The way I look at it is that interaction design is but one of the
disciplines required to achieve good instructional design.

that is to say that instructional design is a form or a goal, and
interaction design is 1 of many disciplines used to achieve a good
instructional design.

It goes back to the notion of horizontal vs. vertical disciplines of
design. IxD is a horizontal that spans many if not all vertical
disciplines.

Vertical disciplines are structured around goals or forms like
instructional, interior, architectural, industrial, graphic,
interactive, etc.

Horizontal disciplines like IxD and IA transcend goals and forms and
speak to an aspect of the whole.

here's the hard part. many vertical disciplines (not all) are also
horizontal in their nature such as visual design and 3D design (core
historical element of industrial design).

But that's my take on this whole fun framing a definition thing!

-- dave