Bryan,

Your note reminds me of the three processes that are at work behind
every click - motor, perceptual and cognitive.

I think that the Instructional design focuses mostly on the cognitive
process and a bit on perceptual. The interaction design focuses on all
3. That's not to say that instructional design is a subset of
interaction design. Both go beyond each other in different scenarios.

Also instructional design does not equal to an elearning material.
The latter is an output that involves many other principles includes
information arch, technology component etc.

Alok jain (AJ)