Also keep in mind your sort options. If a very large result set is returned and users are unable to adequately refine or sort, I've often seem them jump to a middle page to see if that is closer to their desired pinpoint. We often see this on real estate sites where customers have entered a price of $0 or requested "Call for Price". Rather than sift through pages of "Call for Price", I see users sort by price and then randomly pick an interior result page to see the price ranges on that page. This is all done before they scroll down the page.

Wow, that sounded convoluted, my apologies if I confused anyone. You may have complete control over the refine and sort, but we often hit business rules that hinder the optimal search and result features.

Thanks,
Erin

erin walsh | product developer | For Rent Media Solutions™
150 granby street, 16th floor | norfolk, va 23510
p:757.351.8444 | f:757.961.4827
erin.wa...@forrent.com| www.FRMediaSolutions.com

You Have Multiple Marketing Needs... We Have Multiple Solutions!