On 2015/12/16 18:37, Pat Tressel wrote:
MailChimp is a very popular product. If you have a provable accusation against them -- that they were acting **independently of the account administrator** to alter lists, then that would be significant. As Rob has stated, MailChimp did not do something by itself. The list was aggregated from previous lists and events in which people participated.

I have also received a similar unsolicited mail. I would like to know who has authorized the aggregation and usage of email address from "previous lists and events in which people participated". I think every event has a privacy policy and e-mail address provided are only to be used for communicating about the specific event and not for aggregating for
future use.

Venka