results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

Honva;266771 Wrote:
> The reason is: I (and most people) already have a computer, why buy
> another hardware to do the same thing?  Energy consumption is also not
> a big deal as the computer will be sleeping most of the day when not
> listening.

Good NAS appliances can do the same. If there is no use, they can spin
down the disks etc. Wait some month and the green thinking will reach
also low cost NAS devices.

But you're right. SC as only case for buing a NAS device is not make
sense in most cases. But, you really can benefit from a NAS in other
ways very easily:

- separate the (important) document data from your workstation
- centralize the data when having more than on PC in your household
- reduce data loss risk by using RAID mirroring (in addition to my
former posting, this is again a service running on a NAS)

Of course there will be more bullet points, depending on your IT
infrastructure at home. These are just the most common cases.

Havin' said that, it would make sense to me.

Regards, Torsten

--
saurus