results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

radish;334986 Wrote:
> Well, all I can say is thank god someone is making a product for those
> of us who aren't scared of a little complexity and want a more
> sophisticated & capable product. I don't see an issue with making a
> product that isn't for everyone, as long as it's profitable (which it
> clearly is).

I was not suggesting changes to the products.  I was addressing the
thread title, whether the company might be missing a market
opportunity. I believe it is. Sometimes the most elegant engineering
solutions for products are the ones that are described very simply,
provide support and handholding to shield users from the details, and
so ultimately are easily used by people who have no idea (and no
interest in) what the hardware/software are doing. I wouldn't describe
this product line in that way. THAT was my point.

I have no knowledge of the company, but the reported purchase price of
$20 million, if correct, was rather modest by Silicon Valley standards.
If it was profitable at the time, the numbers can't have been terribly
impressive. I realize that was two years ago and much could have
changed.  On the other hand, even without becoming a super-mass market
product, sales today could likely double-triple-etc and make a lot of
people happy. I would guess you want the product line to continue to
grow and evolve, as I do, and the greater the market success, the more
likely that is to be the case.

--
Goodsounds