It's interesting to see the different views on this.  I personally love
the new mechanism.  However, I understand Phil's argument.

I'm a guitar player and when I'm trying to figure out a passage of a
song, the rewind button gets a lot of use.  I gave up on using the SB
for this; the iPod was perfect.  I would remember when the passage I
was working on started, so I would just scroll back using the slider to
just previous.

I never knew the iPod also had an more traditional method for seeking
in addition to the progress bar.

Perhaps that's worth emulating in the SB.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 10.2 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.2, MusicIP, and SqueezeSlave
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior