egd;340894 Wrote:
> and nobody is asking you to do either, you're simply allowing ignorant
> bias to convince you that using Linux necessitates hacking code and/or
> scripting.

Guilty on both counts!   :)

I'm more than ignorant about computers (any type or OS), it's not what
I'm into.  I'm only bias towards the Windows platform as it was the
only real choice to choose from 12 years ago to run my business.
I hear that is very different today as MAC's are now quite compatible
with Windows applications.

It all comes down to one's interest and needs.  I need to understand
the coefficient properties of advanced, hybrid, polymer acrylic
urethanes to maintain my business.  I don't need to know the inner
workings of my computers or their associated applications to stay in
business, these tools simply help me do so as is.

I'm interested in streaming digital music, here I am.

I'm also into skydiving, bungee jumping and whitewater rafting.  But I
have yet to really care how the plane, bridge or raft was constructed,
as important as they are respectively.

Some people will study up and do their own plumbing due to need or
interest.  I and many others prefer to hire the plumber as it just
doesn't interest us enough to learn how to do it.   But I certainly
admire those that did learn it!   :)

--
toby10