Even with Phil's MusicIP patch I am at a loss as to what is happening
(and why it takes so long). Any explanation would be very welcome.

Here's what happens:

I add new music to my library.
I open the MusicIP program and make sure it analyses the new music and
adds the MusicIP tags to the files..
I open Slimcenter web gui and Browse Music Folder to add the new music
to a playlist (i.e. to get it added to my SlimCenter database).

The new music is still not MusicIP mixable (Question 1: why?)

I then initiate a "Scan: Look for new and changed music only".

Music IP Import scans every single directory in my library. (Question
2: Why doesn't it just scan directories/files that have a changed
time/date?).

I'm just perplexed by the high maintenance that use of MusicIP seems to
incur.

MC

--
ModelCitizen

On average people have fewer than two feet.

http://www.last.fm/user/ModelCitizen