I gave up on MusicIP a while back for a few reasonsÂ… one, because it
always seemed to cause weirdness in my music library, like  albums
listed twice with songs split between the two listings and rescans took
forever. Another reason is that I have a lot of music in my library that
I don't care to hear in mixes. MIP can filter by ratings, but it can't
read ratings from tags. So when I used MusicIP before, it was a pain
always trying to keep ratings in sync with my files and MIP.

I deal with this now by using Trackstat and Custom Scan to read the
ratings in my tags and give me Dynamic Playlists that only select songs
with a rating of 3 or higher. But I am really tempted to give MIP
another try.

Have there been any new developments that would enable what I want to
do, which is only have MIP use songs that have a 3 or higher rating?

--
MeSue

Sue
http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue