Okay, I got MIP installed and running headless. I don't know why it is
saying it has to validate 12,678 tracks when I had archived analysis
when I used it before. I know those aren't all newly added songs since
I last used it. Or is validation different from analysis?

Sounds like Custom Scan may be the piece of the puzzle I was missing
before. Any reason to wait for validation to finish before doing an
initial Custom Scan Export?

Philip Meyer;348146 Wrote:

> I didn't like the way that the MusicIP plugin messed with the content
> of my SC library, so I changed the plugin.  With my patch, it's
> possible to configure it so that it only uses MIP to determine if a
> track is mixable; i.e. it won't then read the MIP library tags at all.
> This also radically improved the SC library scan time (especially scans
> for new files).

Is your patch publicly available?

I guess my next step is to peruse that huge thread on MIP.

--
MeSue

Sue
http://www.last.fm/user/MeSue