>Thanks. I stopped analysis in MIP, closed it, and am currently running
>the Custom Scan export. When it finishes, I will resume the MIP
>analysis/validation or whatever it was doing.

You can do the export and validate at the same time, BUT only if you are using
the same application to access the MIP database.  i.e. if you are using MIP in
headless mode, SC will write via the headless server, so you should do the
validation/analysis via the headless web UI too.

I guess you are using the dedicated MIP GUI to analyse, which has a copy of the
MIP DB.  Remember, whenever you do anything in the MIP GUI, you need to save
the library (or exit the GUI), and then refresh the cache in the headless webUI.

It's therefore best to use one or the other, not both at the same time.  SC
(with CustomScan and TrackStat) will write to the MIP cache (eg. via the
headless web interface), and thus reloading the cache if changed via the MIP
GUI would lose any stats dynamically sent since MIP GUI was started.

My preferred way of working is to only open MIP GUI to find new music to be
analysed.  Then exit the GUI and reload the cache in the MIP web UI and analyse
from there.