thhv;349583 Wrote:
> I think I'm on to something :-)
> I have solved the problem by assign static IP addresses to both the
> Controller and the Receiver, by using LOWER CASE MAC DIGITS ONLY!
>
> In my Linksys DD-WRT router, this is done by using the Services section
> "Additional DNSMasq Options" using syntax:
> dhcp-host=[Lower case MAC],[Static IP]
>
> I'm not a DHCP guru, but I think a combination of a particular DHCP
> server and the DUET doesn't handle the MACs in the right lower/upper
> case way. It's somehow getting it messed up. Maybe some Slim
> technicians can solve this? (especially for those who dosen't use
> static IP's - they must be lost)
>
> All I know is that my DUET is now working flawlessly now, and I'm very
> happy :-)
>
> Thomas

Question - when you say "Static Route" - is that the same as "address
reservation" under DHCP?  In my Netgear router I believe static route
is between routers and other networks.

Also, when I try to set an address reservation using lower case MACs,
the interface converts it to upper case.  So if this is indeed a
particular bug I hope it gets fixed since my router won't take the
workaround.  Congratulations on getting yours working!

--
merrickw