>Select 'List albums by band' instead of 'List albums by all artists for
>that album' should do what you want.
No it won't.  That is only used as a display format, I think when browsing
albums sorted by Artist, and will change from displaying performing atists to
displaying band contributors only (artist(s) if there are no band(s)).  As he
has TPE2=Album Artist, he will not have any band contributors.

eg. If I had songs on an album such as:

ALBUM="No Quarter"
ARTIST=Jimmy Page
ARTIST=Robert Plant
BAND=Page & Plant

I could either see "No Quarter by Jimmy Page,Robert Plant" or "No Quarter by
Page & Plant", depending on "List albums by all artists" or by band.

For compilation albums, it would show "Various Artists" or any bands.

If I changed TPE2 to mean Album Artist, I wouldn't have a Band contributor any
more, and the artists would always be shown.

If there is an Album Artist contributor role for the album, this will always be
used to display against the album, irrespective of the setting.