peter;364149 Wrote:
> radish wrote:[color=blue]
> That way I can play music *and* movie sound over the same pair of
> powered speakers, which would be very nice. Kind of a Video Squeezebox!
>
> (someone already wrote a non-playing browsing client:
> http://code.google.com/p/squeezenmt/ )
>
> You could control the result with an ipod touch, and end up with a
> fully
> functional SD music network *without* any SD hardware ;)

That is what I do today. I have an Hauppauge MVP with mvpmc
(www.mvpmc.org) software on it. This comes with a slimserver client
which can be controlled with the MVP remote or the iPeng app, just like
a normal SB. Admittedly, the MVP is a bit of outdated hardware and I
think of buying a popcorn hour in the future. So I hope that SB client
for the NMT really evolves....

Cakes

--
cakes

Server : Squeezecentre 7.1 on Windows XP-SP2 on P4-2.8
Plugins: biography - itunesupdate - squeezescrobbler - trackstat
Control: iPeng 1.0
Players: Hauppauge Mediamvp (mclient 2.2 on mvpmc) (2x) - Pinnacle
Soundbridge Homemusic