First of all happy thanksgiving to the Slim Team (and all our US
Colleagues)

The controller and iPeng are still not the complete solution.  I us SB
as the front end to my complete music system.  This involves a DAC and
amplifier.  To enable good WAF (and as I get older - to make my life
easier) I currently use a Harmony One.  This sorts out all the
connections for video, audio, cinema stuff etc.  If I use only this I
have the choice of web interface - not super convenient, or the basic
remote interface.  If I was to use a controller or iPeng, I am still
stuck with what to do for volume control.

We seem to have lots of small pieces but no holistic mechanism.  This
holistic approach is what draws consumers to all in one music centres -
even the high end Classic systems from Linn, or Solo from Arcam.

If Slim is to progress in the next wave of product families, I am sure
some simplification will be necessary.  If I was not available, my wife
would struggle to maintain a SB / Squeezecenter environment.

I think care is required if we are all to continue to enjoy what Slim
Devices created - it was (and I believe still is the best environment),
but others wait in the wings.....

Sorry about the rant - but SB is the best investment I have made in
audio in the last 5 years, I hope it will survive commercially for the
next 5.

Regards

Dave

--