I guess the dilemma that a lot of us face is that SB kit is the enabler
that sits between your music files and your audio equipment and given
that it works so well it leads to a lot of people asking questions over
the overall solution

- How should I manage my music ?
- Do I need a dedicated music server ?
- What speakers should I use ?
- Do I need a DAC ?

etc. etc.

It in effect becomes a project and for me a very enjoyable one at that,
I do however agree that a music server of sorts would be powerful, say a
link with Logitech and a NAS supplier for example.

As this started on a discussion re: iphones/iTouch, we can look at
apple who offer users products to meet some of their requirements such
as Mac Mini, AppleTV etc. - I'm not suggesting for a second to use them
but I guess Logitech are concentrating on the enabling part.

--
socistep