Still no joy, I'm afraid.  I've tried changing the channels on the
router, and it sometimes stays up for a while, but then goes into its
reboot loop before turning itself off.  I haven't been able to try it
in wired mode yet due to the setup of my network.

I've discovered a larger problem now thought - my machine running
slimserver is going crazy on a library rescan.  It gets about 1.5 hours
in, and then the system speaker beeps continuously.

The machine hasn't quite locked up, but it's certainly not running as
normal.  Cancelling the rescan calms it all down again.  I hadn't
noticed it before, since the machine is downstairs, and scans at 2am.

I've had to disable the rescanning of the library for now - does
anybody have any ideas, or steps I can do to find out more?

Thanks, Simon

--
Cessquill