I also recently compiled squeezeslave-0.8 on a Fedora x64 system. It is
working pretty well at the moment, though there are a couple of FLAC
files on which it consistently stutters.

One interesting thing I noticed was that hitting the pause button on
the web interface and then hitting play starts the current track from
the beginning. I am pretty sure that version 0.7 did not exhibit this
behaviour. This occurs with or without the -O flag. SoftSqueeze on my
Windows PC does not do this. Rather it starts the track from the point
at which it was paused. Is this the expected behaviour or a bug?

I tried attaching the binary file in case you would like to post it on
SourceForge, but the gzipped tarball exceeded the forum file size
limit. Please let me know how I can upload this file. This was compiled
for v0.8-25 with alsa support, portaudio v19 and the daemonize patch
applied.

--
SamG