There's no issue using -O as all it does is report the player type as
softsqueeze instead of squeezeslave when connecting to SC.

Did you create a new player by adding a never used before MAC address
by adding a -m00:00:00:00:00:03 to the command line after adding the
patch?  SC seems to remember the player type settings from the first
time it's created.

I'm working up a patch to submit for SC for the squeezeslave player
type to address this issue properly.   I'm currently trying to
reproduce an issue with replay gain not working when bandwidth limiting
is enabled, which I think will impact the patch, so it may be a while
before I have something for you to test.

--
ralphy