Hi,

I have now had my duet for a while now but I am to the point of giving
up as I cannot get it to be stable to the point I would want it to be.
I have dedicated a PC (Pentium 4 at 3 Ghz running Vista) .  The only
other program running is windows MS Mediacenter which is connected to a
TV used for DVDs.  I have over 1000 albums (21000 titles) in FLAC on a
USB 1 TByte WD drive

By being stable I mean 90 % of the time it is fine, but every once in a
while for no obvious reason the response gets very slow when browsing
for music.  In other instances the music can take up to 10 seconds to
start.  Sometimes it will be fine after 15 minutes or so, or in other
cases the only way to get everything back right is to restart
everything, from the PC to resetting the remote.  I have now started to
look at CPU utilization, and have noticed that when it slows down it is
the squeezcenter program that is running at over 50% CPU.

I am also running my WIFI with 2 Access points with the same name,
since I have a large area to cover.

Who can recommend the simplest setup where there would be no (very very
low)  risk of the this anoying hickup to occasionaly happen.  Is
squeezecenter more stable on LINUX?  or maybe on MAC. It would be a
pity and $$ to dedicate a MAC.  Can it be Vista? I have rebuilt the PC
and the only 3rd party application is squeexebox.   My WIFI network has
been running fine for 2 years and I do not want change it, but could it
be the 2 Access Points (with same SSID name) that cause this?  I had
thought of setting it independentaly usng the players WIFI, but this
makes me loose access from my boombox, and I loose the range I need.

If anyone has every had such issue and managed to resolve some help
would really really really be appreciated!!

......Especially the last 2 times in a week that it crashed was when I
had over 30 guests in the house, and the last thing I wanted to be
doing is resetting everything to get the music back

Jac

--
Jac