Pale Blue Ego;426702 Wrote:
> OK, this spate of new hardware coincides with Sean's departure, so what
> might that tell us?  It seems like Sean decided to stay through this
> product development cycle before seeking new pastures.  I postulate that
> Sean's role has been diminished for quite a while, as Logitech continues
> to release products which are variations on the SB3 platform.  They are
> essentially taking Slim's work on the SB3 and repackaging it with
> Logitech-type enhancements like portability, built-in speakers, and
> color-screen remote control.  Which is fine, but it doesn't give Sean
> much to do.

Your comments make sense to me.

I'd posted some months ago that it is unusual for founders to stay
around for so long after an acquisition. It appears the reason they did
is that there is a contingent payout from Logitech to Sean et al if 2009
revenue exceeds certain levels. He would have been motivated to do
whatever possible to contribute to 2009 performance but in any event
would have normally been expected to leave after the contingent payout
either is or isn't achieved. My guess is that there will be more
departures in the coming months.

I welcome the evolution of the basic technology to new forms and hope
that gives the product line something more than the only modest success
it has had to date. While the technology is awesome and has done so much
for the enthusiasts who visit here (and the silent majority who don't),
the failure to achieve significant market success could ultimately doom
the whole undertaking. But it may be that it is indeed a niche market of
limited size.

--
Goodsounds