It will be hard to support a mass market media streaming eco-system on
11g, as the bandwidth is getting to crowded and home users don't usually
do site surveys.  A major source of performance complaints in these
forums are basic connectivity issues.

Sonos has a proprietary mesh-flavored approach to solving this, if I
understand correctly.  Draft 802.11n in the 5GHz UN-II bands is probably
the nearest we have to a real solution, but none of the SD products
supports that, yet. Take a look at the range extension you can get from
.11n these days and apply that at 5GHz and you have given yourself scope
to provide really reliable wireless streaming.

My main point is that growth is not possible without reliable and
plentiful wireless bandwidth with a decent shot at whole house coverage.

--
dsdreamer