It's more than just a boom...  I was talking to someone a few months ago
from Logitech, and told them that while I loved the Boom, it was still
just a little too big for me to consider it an bedside alarm clock...

What I was looking for was something much smaller (like the old Sony
Dream Machine clocks)...  I told them that I really didn't care if it
was stereo or mono...just that it be made for a bedroom side table...

When I finished (and again, this was a couple of months ago), the
person told me "just wait...we are coming out with something that is
just what you are looking for"...

I doubt they will come out with a mono "cube" sized unit...  It'll
probably be more like a rectangle shaped product so that they can fit
two small stereo speakers in it...  I just don't see them going mono...

--
MikeekiM

1 SqueezeBox Duet
3 SqueezeBox Booms