Gibbo;445450 Wrote:
> Thanks for the responses.
>
> ST2000, I already own an A-110 and am well aware of it's lack of
> capability in this matter.
>
> You wouldn't need a battery of external drives to do the job, you can
> install 2 2.5'' drives and 1 3.5'' drive, but I do also have a 3TB soon
> to be 4.5TB DAS which the C-200 would have access to.
>
> Just think, rather than buying a £300+ NAS, you could buy a £240 media
> and blu ray player, and you could have the best of all worlds...
>
> I'm not thinking about using the C-200 to play music, but as a server
> for my 2 SB's

As its so think that SC needs a lot of power of the main processor.
Maybee its better to wait for the next generation of Multimediaplayers,
when they have arround 1.2 - 1.6 GHZ. You can read in different threads
when People change SC from their NAS to a mini PC like EEE-BOX. Its not
noisy, take only arround 8.- Euro/Year of Energy if its runs 7/24. I did
placed mine in the kitchen and have an additional Squeezeplayer.
In fact with a little monitor and cheap boxes like xtreamer you have
realy a multimedia solution, what fits your needs. 500 GB harddisk in
each and integrate in the network let you things like a NAS forget.
In the main room than a solution like transporter and you are in a high
definition quality and do not need to make a lots of compromise with
quality and navigation of a A110 or a C200. For me i did decide no more
to make any compromise just to have all in all in one solution.

--
arztde