TiredLegs;472069 Wrote:
> I'm not particularly concerned about the SB3/Classic being supported in
> v8.0. I'm more concerned about what might happen when it gets to 10.0 or
> 11.0. Logitech might not be as committed to maintaining backward
> compatibility as the original Slim Devices management was.

Just exactly why would that happen? Its Server software after all.
There is plenty of room on a Server to have a larger program that
supports the "Dumb" players. Where I see changes is in the "Smart"
players and TinySC. TinySC can only be so big. That is why it is already
stripped down and probably will not support Slimp3 and SB1.

--
iPhone

*iPhone*
Media Room:
Transporter, VTL TL-6.5 Signature Pre-Amp, Ayre MX-R Mono's, VeraStarr
6.4SE 6-channel Amp, Vandersteen Speakers: Quatro Mains, VCC-5 Reference
Center, four VSM-1 Signatures, Video: Runco RS 900 CineWide AutoScope
2.35:1

Living Room:

Kitchen: Squeezebox BOOM
Bedroom: Second Boom