iPhone wrote:
> Just exactly why would that happen? Its Server software after all.
> There is plenty of room on a Server to have a larger program that
> supports the "Dumb" players. Where I see changes is in the "Smart"
> players and TinySC. TinySC can only be so big. That is why it is already
> stripped down and probably will not support Slimp3 and SB1.

If you check the archives of the forums, there have been a lot of
complaints over the years about the hardware requirements for the
server. People want to run it, whether it be squeezecenter, slimserver,
squeezeboxserver or whatever it is named, on assorted old crock
computers, tiny embedded systems, even the Shiva plug.

While I personally think these complaints are misguided, one has to
acknowledge that a vocal minority already complaints that the server is
too big with too much feature bloat.

I've bought three SB1 units, but I would not lose any sleep if some
later server stopped supporting them -- as long as the ancient crock
server code that did support them was available forever.

I won't even complain if "support" is dropped for these ancient versions
at some time. The SB1 is prehistoric for a consumer electronic device.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/