dip;472388 Wrote:
> When I started this thread I didn't want to start a discussion about
> support of old devices. Sorry about that. I agree that until now in my
> opinion support for all squeezeboxes (even the first ones) is very
> good.
>
> My point was that almost all my squeezboxes are arranged that I either
> cannot access them directly because they are e.g. positioned on top of a
> cupboard (and I am not carrying a ladder with me all the time) or that
> they are at least several meters away from my normal listening position
> so that I use the huge font 90% of the time. Both facts make the Touch
> useless for me since the squeezboxes are too far away to be touched and
> the width of the display of the Touch is smaller than that of the
> Classic.
>
> Although I would like to have a display showing album art, the
> relatively small display of the Touch seems not to be reasonable for my
> needs. Thus for me the more expensive Touch is not an option and I would
> prefer that the Classic is maintained for applications as described
> above for which it is (in my opinion) more suitable than the Touch.

My thoughts exactly. That's why I rushed and bought a Classic after
finding about Squeezeboxes and seeing Touch press release. I read tons
of horror stories about Controller so I decided to stay away from it. My
bad experience with recently acquired Radio makes me to send it back and
buy another Boom.

I think all the color LCD interface is more of a distraction from music
listening experience and in many ways downgrade in user experience
department.

--
unclemat