When I started this thread I didn't want to start a discussion about
support of old devices. Sorry about that. I agree that until now in my
opinion support for all squeezeboxes (even the first ones) is very
good.

My point was that almost all my squeezboxes are arranged that I either
cannot access them directly because they are e.g. positioned on top of a
cupboard (and I am not carrying a ladder with me all the time) or that
they are at least several meters away from my normal listening position
so that I use the huge font 90% of the time. Both facts make the Touch
useless for me since the squeezboxes are too far away to be touched and
the width of the display of the Touch is smaller than that of the
Classic.

Although I would like to have a display showing album art, the
relatively small display of the Touch seems not to be reasonable for my
needs. Thus for me the more expensive Touch is not an option and I would
prefer that the Classic is maintained for applications as described
above for which it is (in my opinion) more suitable than the Touch.

--
dip