I too have just transferred from PC to Mac after a 10 year absence. WHY
did I not do this sooner? I love it!

I have always been on the lookout for a good media box, focusing on SB,
BBC iPlayer, 4oD, and watching DVD's and this Mac Mini is the mutts nuts
for all via SC and PLEX. PLEX even copes with FLAC in a kind of iTunes
ish mode. The Mini is also very low power so being partly green minded
and partly tight, I don't mind leaving it switched on 24/7.

Of no help to the OP, I still have my work laptop with dbpoweramp on it
for ripping to FLAC. Perhaps without this, I might have a problem.

--
thurstongarden

Thurston Garden

SB2 - Duet Controller - SB Radio - Cyrus Two & PSX (off Freecycle!) -
Mission 773's