>> However, the world of squeezebox is heavily skewed towards pc.

Hmm... famous (almost) first words when I started my work at Logitech:

"do you have a Mac?"
"no"
"we have to fix this"

> That's not really fair - the problem is that up until now no-one has
> made a decent mac ripper/tagger/manager because of the dominance of
> iTunes.

I must say that I was confused at first, about the lack of tagging software.
I'm still not sure there's anything which would come close to mp3tag on the
Mac. Luckily enough I'm not religious about my choice of OS. I'll have some
Windows ready in a VM for those moments when I want to tweak some tags...

--

Michael