results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73698
Question: Is third party plugins/applets important for your Squeezebox
purchases ?

- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless support for third
  party development is prioritized
- I won't buy any more Squeezebox products unless the third party
  plugins I rely on is supported
- I use third party plugins but I would still consider buying more
  Squeezebox products without them
- I don't use third party plugins so they aren't important to my
  Squeezebox purchases

Pale Blue Ego;504777 Wrote:

> Logitech should buy Erland's plugins and incorporate them into the
> standard code.  It's crazy that there is no rating system in the
> Logitech code.
>
> Time for them to stop riding the backs of the much smarter volunteer
> army.

Can't argue with that, in fact that should apply to quite a few
plugins.

Whilst the bare bones SB is a good music playing (note the playing not
streaming) platform, the plugins make it so much more than the sum of
the parts.

Losing the Itunes updater plugin and Alien/BBC Iplayer would be
complete deal breakers for me. Likewise Grab playlist(or switch player),
remove played songs should all be part of the core code.

In the past I used erlands plugins an awful lot, and they do fill in a
lot of the gaps that SB has, particularly if you have any interest in
classical music - not I guess the target of the Logitech marketeers.

I guess the question is would I have bought my first SB without the
plug in functionality? The answer is yes, because I did not know that
they existed. However after many happy, if occasionally frustrating
years of use, I would not want to contemplate a 'system' without them.

Another question for Logitech - what's the point of having two very
good displays without all the neat third party screen savers? May as
well buy a receiver if that's going to be the way forward.

I really do hope that Logitech kiss and make up with their most loyal
supporters if not then the future for SB does not look good. After all
who's going to test their often shaky software out in the wild for
free??

Hey ho

2 x SB2, 1 x SB3, 1 x Boom, 1 x Radio

--