ian_heys;554922 Wrote:
> I've been lurking here just keeping up with things:
>
> Thanks to Gordon for recommending EZ-CDDA
>
> I've been having some problems with rubyripper since Ubuntu 10.04 and
> also had problems with my SATA DVD-ROM drive in my dual boot
> WindowsXP/EAC but EZ-CDDA has great tagging options (I particularly
> like Album mode) and is extremely fast - 1 minute 40 secs for a 10
> track CD.
>
> It's not free but seems worth the price.
>
> Thanks again
I should warn that I did have problems with EZ-CDDA and later Plextor
SATA DVD drives.  Those were drives that Plextor didn't manufacture
themselves, but rather just re-badged.  Anyway, I never could get good
rips without lots of errors with that combination.  But I do think it
was the drives' fault, not EZ-CDDA's.  Since moving to Optarc drives
(<$30 for OEM units!) I've been very happy.  With new CDs, I get
perfect rips that are identical to those produced by EAC, but in 1/10th
the time.   And EZ-CDDA continues to work very well with my trusty old
PATA Plextor PX-760A.

--
gharris999