Goodsounds;562222 Wrote:
> I don't see it as a moral or enforcement issue but rather a practical
> one. Under the current state of play, the creation of new recorded
> music is not a financially viable activity. That's why so many fewer
> new recordings are being produced these days.
>
> The recorded music business will continue to wilt, and perhaps die,
> unless the problem is solved. It would be great if everyone who likes
> recorded music would obtain what they want through normal commercial
> channels and avoid facilitating others not doing likewise. Don't assume
> the solution is someone else's concern.
So you are suggesting that CDs should not be passed on? My CDs would
become landfill as soon as have ripped them then. As someone who hates
waste I am much less happy with this solution than I am with passing
them on!

I cannot agree with your sentiments about the dwindling amount of
recorded music. There's absolutely massess around, and more every
second of every day...... hardly any produced on that wasteful and
inefficient medium ultimately destined for landfill, the CD though.
Maybe you're just not looking in the right place.

Phil. I've always wondered why someone with a responsible IT job in the
banking sector used their real name on forums such as these.

--
ModelCitizen

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known

Last.fm/user/ModelCitizen