scoob101;565114 Wrote:
> I`ve had 3 instances now where I have had to re-rip CD`s because the
> (lossless) tracks won`t play at all, or are garbled. Backups tend to be
> useless in this situation, because the backups contain the same
> corruptions. So - the original media is still required in some rare
> cases.
If you're using FLAC files as your lossless format, there's a great
little utility called FLAC Tester that will automatically read through
all your FLACs and check them for corruption. I run it about once a
year. I think I've had it find two bad files, which I re-ripped. The
nice thing about it is that you don't have to wonder whether your files
are OK, and you don't have to wait to try to play one to discover it's
bad.

--
TiredLegs