audiomuze;567167 Wrote:
> SoundHound app.  It's really worth downloading the freebie to check it
> out - the demo is fully functional for recognition of 5 tracks per
> month, and it'll give you a good idea of what's on offer.

I already have the payed version on the iPad and IPhone and like it and
I really want access to the AMG data.

The difference of SBS compared to SoundHound is that SBS have a GPL
license which I suspect can make this more complicated, there is a
reason Logitech handles all subscription based services through MySB
instead of only using GPL based SBS.

audiomuze;567167 Wrote:

> The point I'm trying to make is that Rovi's licensing cannot be that
> prohibitive if a user can get perpetual access for a once-off payment
> of five bucks.  At the very least its worth formally investigating.

I suspect it's the app that gets access, not user. The SoundHound app
probably sells pretty good so the company behind it might have done a
one time investment plus having some subscription based agreement.

However, don't worry it's on the list, it's just that I've talked to
other people who have tried so I'm not too optimistic unless someone
comes forward with a lot of money, but it's definitely something that
is worth investigating. If there is anyone with experience of these
kind of commercial discussions or want to help, please send me a PM or
mail.

Anyway, let's handle future discussions regarding possible AMG
licensing through PM or mail or other private channels.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))