So some questions to guide the discussion:

1. HOW DO YOU FIND MUSIC IN YOUR OWN LIBRARY ?

I choose albums and tracks explicitly. Mostly I browse by Artist. I
hardly every use static or dynamic playlists.

Our music collection has expanded considerably recently with stuff
added by the children. Mostly this is stuff that neither I nor my wife
would ever want to listen to, and it makes the browsing experience much
harder because of all the clutter. I mean, these kids don't even rip or
download whole albums - just the tracks they like - where does that
come from? :-) Anyway, some means of partitioning this stuff off most
of the time - not all of it all the time as they do also like good
stuff - would be useful.

Mostly I use the Controller as the UI, but sometimes a laptop (I work
in IT so I tend to avoid computers at other times) and sometimes
ipeng.

2. HOW DO YOU USUALLY FIND NEW MUSIC YOU LIKE TO GET BUT CURRENTLY
DON'T HAVE IN YOUR LIBRARY ?

1. Listening to the radio. Radio Paradise and BBC Radio 2. RP is an
especially good source.

2. By using the Related Artists feature on Rhapsody or Michael's
Biography plugin

3. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO FIND MUSIC IN YOUR OWN LIBRARY IN
THE FUTURE ?
- WHAT KIND OF FUNCTIONALITY IS MISSING TODAY RELATED TO BROWSING ?
- WHAT KIND OF FUNCTIONALITY IS MISSING TODAY RELATED TO SEARCHING ?

Some way of splitting the library into multiple, possibly overlapping
collections, so that I can start by restricting the universe in which I
am browsing.

I don't search much but mostly I find it works fine.

4. HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIND NEW MUSIC YOU LIKE TO BUY/GET IN THE
FUTURE ?
- WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO THROUGH THE SQUEEZEBOX/SBS OR ONE OF IT'S
REMOTES ?
- WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO ON SOME OTHER HARDWARE ?

This is mostly the same as Q2. If I could do it though an SB
remote/ipeng and get new stuff downloaded to the library then that
would be ideal. I don't do this because most of the stuff that might be
available that way, as far as I can tell, is not encoded at high enough
quality

5.WHAT KIND OF TAGGING/MANAGEMENT DO YOU DO ON NEW MUSIC YOU ADD TO
YOUR LIBRARY TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND STUFF LATER ON ?

I find tag management very tedious. I just do a bit of cleaning up from
time-to-time and add gain tags.

6. DO YOU SYNCHRONIZE THE DATA IN SBS WITH SOME OTHER APPLICATION TO
MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND INTERESTING MUSIC ?

No

--
awy