Erland in bold:-
1.
HOW DO YOU FIND MUSIC IN YOUR OWN LIBRARY?
Artist -> Album or Composer -> Album (using multi-library and custom
browse)
- WHICH TYPE OF REMOTE/INTERFACE DO YOU USE ? DIFFERENT FOR DIFFERENT
SITUATIONS ?
Mostly Controller, sometimes iPeng, rarely web interface.
- DO YOU FIND MUSIC THROUGH STATISTICS BASED BROWSE MENUS ? (RATINGS,
PLAY COUNTS, HISTORY)
No.
- DO YOU FIND MUSIC THROUGH SMART PLAY LISTS BASED ON STATISTICS OR
RANDOM SELECTION OR OTHER KIND OF AUTOMATIC MIXES ?
Occasionally random play list, just for fun.
- DO YOU USE ALBUM ART WHEN SELECTING WHAT TO PLAY ?
No.
- DO YOU TYPICALLY START SEARCHING/BROWSING FROM AN ARTIST, ALBUM OR
TRACK AND WANT TO FIND SOMETHING RELATED TO THAT ?
I sometimes wish I could find related tracks, artists, composers or
musicians to tracks I am listening to.  But usually I am just happy to
listen to what I have chosen.

2.
HOW DO YOU USUALLY FIND NEW MUSIC YOU LIKE TO GET BUT CURRENTLY DON'T
HAVE IN YOUR LIBRARY ?
If I already know what music I want then I first use Napster to listen
and only add it to my library if I like it enough to want "hi-fi"
quality or if I want to take it out on my iPod.

- HEARD IT ON THE RADIO ?
Definitely.
- WHERE DO YOU START WHEN SEARCHING ? TOP CHARTS ? GENRES ? SIMILAR
ARTISTS ?
- DO YOU USE SOME WEB SITE WHEN SEARCHING OR DO YOU BROWSE SOME MUSIC
STORE DIRECTLY ?
- ARE YOU USING THE COMPUTER, YOUR SQUEEZEBOX OR SOME OTHER DEVICE WHEN
SEARCHING FOR NEW MUSIC ?
- DO YOU PREVIEW THE MUSIC BEFORE PUCHASING ?
If I only have a vague idea of what I want, such as if I know the Genre
but not the artist, album, concert or track, then I surf Spotify on my
laptop sometimes in combination with Wikipedia (for more detail).
- DO YOU PREVIEW IT ON THE REAL SYSTEM OR CHEEP LAPTOP SPEAKERS OR
SOMETHING SIMILAR ?
Headphones on my laptop.
- DO YOU USE A SUBSCRIPTION BASED SERVICE...?
Napster amd Spotify (free)
- THROUGH FRIENDS ?
This is probably my biggest way to find music I have not heard before.
Either hearing it at a friends house or through recommendation.
3.
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO FIND MUSIC IN YOUR OWN LIBRARY IN THE
FUTURE ?
Pretty happy with the way it works now, when it comes to music already
in my library.  If I feel my listening is getting "stale" I just put a
player on random play list to see what pops up.

4.
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO FIND NEW MUSIC YOU LIKE TO BUY/GET IN THE FUTURE
?
- WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO THROUGH THE SQUEEZEBOX/SBS OR ONE OF IT'S
REMOTES ?
- WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO ON SOME OTHER HARDWARE ?
A Spotify-like service on iPod Touch or via iPeng would be fantastic if
it could play through Squeezebox.  At the moment my workflow (playflow?)
is
1. hear a track on Radio or at friends house, or read about in
magazine/newspaper.
2. Surf Spotify and Wikipedia to learn more and preview snippets.
3. Once I have identified music use Napster to search and find (if
available) and listen through Squeezebox.
4. If I like the music enough I will buy the CD and rip it to FLAC
files for my own library.

5.
WHAT KIND OF TAGGING/MANAGEMENT DO YOU DO ON NEW MUSIC YOU ADD TO YOUR
LIBRARY TO MAKE IT EASIER TO FIND STUFF LATER ON ?
Absolute minimum.  No time to be "anal" about it!

For pop music:
I fill the artist (band), album, track, year and Genre fields.  I put
the Artist in the Composer, Album Artist and Artist fields (on all
tracks).  I do not distinguish in pop music between the artist, band
and composer.

For classical music on my Squeezebox library:
I fill the artist, album, track, composer (surname only), year and
Genre fields.
Unfortunately iTunes cannot handle searches by "composer" for -only-
classical music, so on my iTunes library (MP3 files) I put the Composer
in the Artist field, and the Artist in the notes (a real pain!).

- IS THE FOLDER STRUCTURE THE MUSIC FILES ARE STORED IN IMPORTANT ?
Extremely important as it allows me to convert easily from FLAC to MP3
as well as see what I have in backup.
My folder structure is for pop and Jazz:
Genre / Artist / Album /- tracks
For instance:
Dance / US3 / Hand on the Torch / 1. Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)

For Classical:
Genre / Composer / Album /- tracks
For instance:
Opera / Verdi / La Traviata / 1. Overture

- DO YOU MANUALLY ADD RATINGS TO YOUR MUSIC ? WHY ?
No.

6.
DO YOU SYNCHRONIZE THE DATA IN SBS WITH SOME OTHER APPLICATION TO MAKE
IT EASIER TO FIND INTERESTING MUSIC ?
- IMPORT STATISITCS FROM MUSICIP ?
- EXPORT STATISTICS TO MUSICIP ?
- IMPORT FILES, PLAYLISTS AND STATISTICS FROM ITUNES ?
- EXPORT STATISTICS TO ITUNES ?
- DO YOU USE SOME OTHER APPLICATION INTEGRATED WITH SBS/SQUEEZEBOX ?

No to all of these.

Hope that is helpful!

--
TheLastMan

Matt

*SqueezeBoxes:* SB Duet (Controller + two receivers)
*Server:* Synology Diskstation 107+ NAS (with firmware 2.3-1157)
running Squeezebox Server 7.5.0 on Synology Package Manager
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, 2 x Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as
access points
*Livingroom:* Receiver into Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver into Denon DM37 mini-system, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline. LPs ripped usingBehringer
UCA202 USB into Windows XP PC