pippin;584029 Wrote:
> @Erland
> I believe they will try to do 3 and you will be surprised: I believe
> the current architecture is a perfect fit for that.
> You have to not think along the home server lines for this. Customers
> for these devices don't care about their music at home they care about
> online sources first. Does AppleTV still have an HD?
> And with the MySB architecture they are actually better capable of
> integrating stuff on the backend side into the current architecture
> than anybody else in the market right now.
> THAT'S the real asset in here. I only wish they would make even better
> use of this, not marketing these devices towards mobile users is so
> darn ridiculous.
You are of course right, if we skip the locally stored music and they
manage to get MySB reliable, the architecture is perfect.

With services like Spotify locally stored music isn't that interesting
for mass market any more. It is interested for audiophiles as they care
about audio quality but most mass market users can't hear the difference
between a 320kbit MP3 and a FLAC file, so Spotify and similar services
are perfect for these. Unfortunately Spotify doesn't work on MySB yet
but I guess it's just a matter of time until Logitech/Spotify sees the
potential.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))