ajwillys;625117 Wrote:
> It is configured and connected to my wireless network.  If I run a
> packet capture on the Nook Color, I can actually see the broadcast
> packets coming into the nook from the server.
>
> EDIT:  How does the app "discover" which IP to use to connect to the
> server?  I might be able to debug it on my end.  I'm assuming the
> problem is something specific to nook color.  As an aside, any thought
> given to being added to the nook color store that is coming soon?

It's working like this (at least for SqueezeCommander):
The Android devices sends a UDP broadcast to port 3483 (=the server
discovery).
The server answers with a UDP unicast packet.
This answer includes the SBS name, the IP and the port.

--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android