ajwillys;625148 Wrote:
> Ah ha, I figured it out.  The app only looks for the location of the
> server the first time it ever starts.  I cleared the cache, still
> didn't issue the udp broadcast.  Then I went in and cleared the cache
> and the 'data' that the app was storing.  After that I restarted the
> app.  It went through the "Accept the terms", then had me enter the
> user/pass.  After that, it did send the UDP broadcast and the server
> responded with a UDP unicast.

So the broadcast itself seems to work and is not filtered by your
router. Good.

> Also, I don't think I can hardcode the IP of the server using the
> "official" app.  Is that something that can be done with
> SqueezeCommander?

Sure, you can add "Additional Servers" in SqueezeCommander that will be
used if no server can be discovered automatically.
This is also useful for remote servers (i.e. if you want to access your
server via internet), because these cannot be discovered.

--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android