flattermann;625141 Wrote:
> Maybe your router filters out UDP broadcasts from WLAN to LAN?

This is driving me nuts. I have taken probably 2,000+ packet captures
in my career and I cannot find any UDP broadcast packets from the
device on any capture I take. I do see broadcast packets from the
server.  I've taken them on the desktop server, in the router, and on
the android device.  In each case, the only thing I see from the device
is it connecting directly over port 9000.

I do have my router set up to filter multicast from the WAN, but I
wouldn't think that would affect the WLAN.  I'm not sure how it would
work with my phone if that was the case.  Also, I enabled logging on my
router and did not see a dropped packet for 3483.

--
ajwillys