pippin;626512 Wrote:
> Oh, but to elaborate: ask the OP. For HIM, it was obviously a
> differentiator that the App came from Logitech.
>
> Actually I do understand why Logitech feel they have to have their own,
> branded App, what I feel sad about is what I feel they are doing with
> this product line which would just have so much more potential if done
> right.
>
> That said: using Web Apps to write "universal" Apps is a big tend right
> now, expect to see more of that.
> Also, expect it to be from the companies that you will eventually see
> leave the market because they didn't explore the potential of the
> platforms they used...

What can I say, I was attracted by the fact that there was a remote app
and I naturally assumed the Logitech one would be decent.

I think you're right though about the potential of the system. The
reason I bought a SB was because we're moving house and wanted a
multiroom system that could sync to play back all our music. Naturally
I looked at the other options, Sonos seemed nice but they were
expensive, had a crazy mesh network making extending the range hard and
there were no battery powered options available. SB seemed to have a
good range of devices to cover all my needs, not be too expensive, not
need yet another controller, could be controlled by my harmony remote
or phone and it has a load of community apps too.

I really do hope Logitech keep the product line moving, I was about to
buy a Boom to go with the Radio but after researching it here it seems
clear that anything that's not a Touch/Radio is probably EOL and won't
be getting any new apps like the Spotify one.

Also, not directed at pippin :), why develop an app at all and not
invest enough time to get it working smoothly? I'm hopeful though as
the app has only been out for a month, in the mean time it looks like
I'm buying SqueezeCommander.

--
Jaicee