Guy48065;626477 Wrote:
> As one of the "regular consumers" Jaicee speaks of I had high
> expectations for the OEM-developed app.  The Duet remote I purchased to
> control my SBC is extremely limited in navigating through 80,000 tracks
> so naturally an app I can install on a 10-inch tablet with its big
> screen and qwerty keyboard holds a lot of promise but the actual
> experience has been frustrating.
> Someone not quite as stubborn as I am might abandon the entire system
> for another one marketed as "the answer".  The vast majority of SB
> purchasers are unaware of forums and the possibility of upgrades,
> patches, hacks, work-arounds, etc. and their experience is limited to
> the out-of-the-box experience only.

Well anyone who gets on a forum and posts about their experiences is
probably not the sort of person I was referring to. I didn't mean it to
sound like a slander either but there are a lot of people who have no
interest in computers at all and want it to just work out of the box as
you say. Want proof? Look at Apple. Its probably the same way I feel
about say cars, I just want one to get me from A to B yet there are
plenty of people who will tweak and mod their vehicles for what I see
as no gain.

--
Jaicee