Hi there

I've a lot of troubles stemming (I think) from running SqueezeServer on
a USB HDD - it's practically unusable.

Fortunately(!), my home PC has broken, and I'm looking to replace it.
High on my list of requirements for a new machine would be the ability
to run quietly as a media server for my SB system.

The system would be used for casual surfing & some work, so I'm
thinking a Nettop (compact PC). I have some questions..:

1. Would a Windows 7-based system have the ability to sit quietly in an
'always-on' function and run the SB server? I'd want it running almost
silently on minimum power, rather like a Mac can (a Mac is too
expensive for me...)

2. Any particular minimum specs needed for this kind of system..? I
know very little about buying PCs these days...

thanks!

--
daytripper